Original make and model: Yamaha FZX 750, 6-speed.

Year of make: 1992, bought in 1995 with 15000km on the clock.

Mods: 1988 FZR 1000 Genesis engine, fully rebuilt with Bimota con rods, 6-speed gearbox from the 750, Lectron 40mm carbs (not in the pic), individual K&Ns, full race 4-1 headers, Supertrapp megaphone, 17" wheels front and back, steel braided lines all over, JMC extra long swingarm, YZF750 foot controls on home made aluminium brackets...

You can contact me:
Ricardo Damazio
Portugal
torkezilla@gmail.com

Site Hits since December 2009

sexta-feira, 18 de dezembro de 2009

The engine...

Well, not sure what to do about this yet...
I took the engine off the frame and did a compression test.
Standard for the '88 FZR1000 Genesis is 11kg/cm2.
I have low compression on #4 cylinder:
#1 - 10.5 kg
#2 - 11 kg
#3 - 11 kg
#4 - 9.5 kg
I had the valves adjusted a while ago, so I think this may be a piston/cylinder/rings issue.
I haven't opened up the engine yet, because I haven't decided yet what to do:
Rebuild this engine with a 1029cc Wiseco big bore and fit the 40mm Lectron carbs
or
Get a FZR1000 Exup or YZF1000 ThunderAce engine and turbo it.
I know ThunderAces have stock forged pistons and this would be good for turbo use.
I'm planning a fairly low boost, medium compression, and about 200/220hp target, running on pump gas.
In portugal we have 95, 98 or 100 octane unleaded fuel, so I think this is not a problem.
I'd like to build an "old school street special", and the turbo route is a good challenge.
I've never turbo'ed an engine, but I'm pretty aware of the work/trouble/sweat/tears/swear involved.
I've been researching and reading a lot about turboing motorcycles and I'm pretty sure I'd be the only twat with a turbo bike around here... :-)
Anyway, this will be a long term project, I'm sure I'll have the rolling chassis ready long before the engine.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário