Original make and model: Yamaha FZX 750, 6-speed.

Year of make: 1992, bought in 1995 with 15000km on the clock.

Mods: 1988 FZR 1000 Genesis engine, fully rebuilt with Bimota con rods, 6-speed gearbox from the 750, Lectron 40mm carbs (not in the pic), individual K&Ns, full race 4-1 headers, Supertrapp megaphone, 17" wheels front and back, steel braided lines all over, JMC extra long swingarm, YZF750 foot controls on home made aluminium brackets...

You can contact me:
Ricardo Damazio
Portugal
torkezilla@gmail.com

Site Hits since December 2009

domingo, 20 de junho de 2010

June 2010 Update

Ok, rebuild is going slow, but here are some updated pics.
I've changed the rear brake caliper hanger position, you know how it goes, as builds progress, some things change along the way; some to solve a particular problem not initially predicted, others just because I changed my mind.
I'm using an underslung caliper hanger position, using a longer home-made torque arm, Vmax disc, caliper and hanger. This way I get a cleaner look on the rear wheel.

I wanted to fit a double headlight but keeping the square light trademark of the FZX.
I bought this headlight from M&P (www.mandp.com), which is exactly what I wanted.
I have the rolling chassis almost ready, just small bits and bobs to fit, build and solve.

I'm going to design and build some front engine mounts from 10mm thick aluminium. the stock front mounts use two 8mm bolts to the frame, but there's an extra 8mm bolt mount that's not used (???)
The idea is to build a triangle shaped mount, using three 8mm bolts to the frame and other to the engine.
Let's see how it will look...

Another detail, I decided to to stretch the wheel base to max, using extra lenghts of chain.
What are you gonna do, I can't help it, I like them long and low...






Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário